Feeling the vibrations of a singing bowl move through you is truly an experience. It’s more than sound. It travels past your ears and meets you in your core – in the very fiber of your being. What makes these bowls such an effective tool for meditation and energy healing? What do you need to know about selecting a bowl to be yours? (Here’s a tip – the bowl has to choose you too!)
How does a singing bowl work?
When the mallet strikes or rubs the outer surface of the bowl, it starts to vibrate and produces a unique and specific frequency. The frequency assists in natural relaxation and helps in enlightening the inner soul. Those sound frequencies also initiate a flow in our body which results in the mystical change in our body, thoughts, emotions, and chakra energy centers. This makes perfect sense when you consider the effect that vibrations have on standing water – and combine that with the fact that humans are up to 60% water, with the brain and heart being composed of 73% water.
This video gives you some tips on how to play your bowl:
What are singing bowls used for?
We primarily use singing bowls for meditation, music, relaxation, spiritual healing, natural and personal well-being, chanting mantras, religious services, personal enjoyment, prayer services, and yoga sessions. Personally, I use mine at the end of a Reiki session, for personal mediation, and to bring my yoga students out of their final resting pose.
Are the notes important?
Different notes correspond to the various chakras or energy centers. I make sure to double check all the chakra tones for each of my bowls when I receive them from my supplier.
- Note C Bowls – the 1st or Root Chakra, located at the base of the spine. This chakra is associated with the powerful Kundalini force which is fire energy of a most potent nature. It is related with the life energy, physical activity, emotional strength, will power and sexuality.
- Note D Bowls – the 2nd or Sacral Chakra, located below the navel (near the belly button) and is known for its power in life actions. It corresponds to creative, productive and emotional expression of life energy & manifestation. It is also known as the Warrior’s Chakra.
- Note E Bowls – the 3rd or Solar Plexus Chakra, located near the diaphragm and is the psychic chakra. It corresponds to personal power, creative and intellectual thoughts.
- Note F Bowls – the fourth or Heart Chakra, located near the heart and is the love energy chakra. It corresponds to communication, speech, and social abilities.
- Note G Bowls – the fifth or Throat Chakra, located on the throat, and is the chakra associated with communication, speech, social abilities verbal and emotional expression and the creative arts associated with such. Expressions from the ‘heart’.
- Note A Bowls – the sixth or Third Eye Chakra and is the all seeing chakra, located between and slightly above the eyes. It corresponds to Intuition, Vision, Artistic and Creative Thoughts.
- Note B Bowls – the 7th or Crown Chakra located on top of the head which is the highest spiritual chakra. It corresponds to Intuition, Spirituality, and Enlightenment.
Selecting your bowl
The best way to find the bowl that’s meant for you, is to play it. But even ordering online, it’s important to trust your instincts. If your intuition is pulling you towards a particular note, listen. Your body and spirit already know how to heal themselves, we just need to let our egos out of the way.
The bowls that I currently have available are below. Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.