Do you wish you had more energy? One of the most common complaints I hear is that people are fatigued. Fatigue seems to go along with almost every chronic condition. More than that, it has become a way of life for most people! Well, I’m going to tell you some of the tricks I use when I’m feeling run down. BUT this is not meant to be a substitute for seeing a medical professional. If you feel like your fatigue is serious or linked to a serious condition, I encourage you to see a doctor.
- Sleep Quantity and Quality – If you aren’t getting enough good sleep, it’s worth revisiting your bedtime routine. There are a lot of articles out there with sleep suggestions, so I’m not going to go into a ton of detail. But having a routine helps your mind realize it’s time for sleep. I have a white noise machine, leave time for reading, diffuse calming essential oils, and keep certain crystals under my pillow. If you want to read more about crystals for sleep, check out this article.
- Nutrition – Usually when I’m feeling run down, I realize I’ve been eating too much junk food. Are you getting enough protein? Veggies? Fruit? A healthy snack can give you a quick boost! I’d recommend working with a registered nutritionist if you have specific concerns and questions.
- Water – How long has it been since you’ve had a glass of water? Hydration is great!
- Exercise – Once I’m moving, I find it so much easier to stay moving. The increased blood flow from exercise carries oxygen and nutrients to your muscles. Yoga is full of benefits for your mind and body. Pairing movement with intentional breathing is a great way to recenter and energize yourself. An energizing flow is a round or two of sun salutations! When I’m starting my day with sun salutations, I like to do 10 – that’s a good number for me to get all warmed up, but not overwhelming. If you aren’t familiar with sun salutations, check out this video.
- Essential oils – Scent is so important to emotional health! Have you ever smelled something that perked you right up? My go-tos for energy are citrus and mint – orange and peppermint, lemon and spearmint. But you can use whichever oils make you feel happy. Let me know if you’d like me to make you a custom blend!
- Crystals – Crystals have powerful energetic properties, so keeping energizing crystals with you can help give you a boost too! Some of the crystals I recommend are pyrite, orange calcite, malachite, and garnet. These crystals and more can be found in my Etsy Shop.
Do you have questions about any of these? Anything I missed? You can always send me an email at email@example.com. Thank you for letting me be part of your healing journey!
Love and light,